Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.ชีวิตเราสั้น อะไรทำแล้วมีความสุขก็ทำไป อยู่ยังไงก็ได้ให้มีความสุข

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Songkran at the temple PA

We went to the temple on last Sunday for "Songkran festival" .The weather was cold on that day,so we did not throwing of water . It is also "Thai new year and family day" on 13th April. See my album
I really excited because it was my 1st songkran in the USA, but the 2nd time go to temple here. When at the temple, I really feel back home because all people here were Thai. There were Thai food which people gave without charge. I guess some of them own Thai restaurant. 

When we came last time in summer between July and August. It was really nice and more fun because of the weather better than in winter. 

The ceremony started at 9 am. , monks praying. We were there about 10 am , the time for gave food to monks. We were in the top line, but if we were there later than 10 am. we had to wait for long time until monks walked to us because  the line were long which the monk must walked to other side of the building (you can see in the pictures). 

There were a sand pagoda displayed which was really impress me even not many same as in Thailand. Nowadays ,it is rare to see sand pagoda especially in the big city in Thailand like Bangkok. There were "Srong nam pra" (take shower for monks and buddha statues). We also take shower for old people but call" Rod Nam Phu yai". Both are the same thing but call differently because of monk and normal person. 
We did not stay until take shower to the monks " Song nam pra" at 4 pm. because I did not know and also it was too late for us. Darin was not feel good on the day because he thought the weather will warmer in late day but colder. 

There were a small market selling Thai food, spicy food and plants for Thai ingredients. We did not playing spread water because of cold. In Thailand, people will play spreading water for 3 -7 days . April is the hottest month in Thailand.

No comments:

เมื่อเราไม่ท้อ ไม่ถอย ตั้งใจ และลงมือ อะไรก็สำเร็จได้สักวัน
แวะมาบ่อยๆ นะค่ะ ขอให้มีความสุข และ มีความรักรอบๆ ตัวทุกคนค่ะ
If we never give up and begin doing, we will succeed. I wish everyone happiness and love, stay around.

เรื่องราว ข้อมูล บทความ ที่เขียนทั้งหมด ที่พื้นที่แห่งนี้เป็นข้อมูลส่วนตัว ตั้งใจเขียนเป็นบันทึกเก็บไว้อ่านย้อนหลังเพราะไม่ได้เขียนใส่สมุดตั้งแต่มาอเมริกาและเพื่อง่ายต่อทางบ้านที่ประเทศไทยได้เห็นชิวิตความเป็นอยู่ ทั้งเล่าสู่กันฟังถึงสิ่งที่ได้รู้ ได้เห็น ได้สัมผัส มิได้มีเจตนากระทบกระทั่งบุคคลใดขอขอบคุณเจ้าของบทความ งานเขียน และรวมถึงวิดีโอ ที่มีประโยชน์ได้นำมาอ้างอิงเผยแพร่ไว้ที่นี่ และยินดีต้อนรับทุกคนที่เข้ามาทั้งด้วยความตั้งใจและบ้งเอิญค่ะ

Stories and articles in this blog are my experiences .I would like to share in public. Welcome everyone!

Since I moved to the USA I have not written in a book, I use this space to keep the memories of everything I do and everyone I meet and this makes it simple to update my family in Thailand also.

Thank you to all the writers and people educated in the media who I copied to share this blog